Outside of seeing clients, Mackenzie enjoys taking her dog on walks, drawing and painting, and spending time trying new restaurants in the city.
- Works with both couples and individuals in life transitions, intimacy, relationships, relational trauma, emotional and identity development
- Passionate about working with individuals in strengthening their relationship to self and others.
- Works in a collaborative, warm and safe environment for clients to explore
- Utilizes CBT, ACT, mindfulness, EFT and existential/transpersonal frameworks
- Prioritizes building trust and deepening connection to clients that fosters a healing space.
- Strong ability to adapt to meet clients unique needs where they are at and what they need while still empathetically challenging them.
- Passionate about working with LGBTQIA+, sex positive, and trauma informed.
Mackenzie Muller, MA, LPC
Licensed Professional Counselor
“Awareness is the most reliable source of connection, growth and healing.”
Mackenzie believes that we all have a story to tell, and it’s our responsibility in how we choose to tell that story. Our stories, which are often written by our past experiences, shape how we choose to write the next chapter in our life. She values the counseling relationship between therapist and client and says it is the most important tool of the therapeutic process. Within this, she strives to foster an environment that is both trusting and collaborative. Her clients report they have a space where they are free to express, explore and process what they need to in order to write their next chapters how they truly want to,. Not only does Mackenzie take an empathetic approach her clients appreciate that she pulls from various modalities to ensure their unique needs are being met.
Mackenzie has experience working with individuals struggling with emotional regulation, anxiety, relationship issues, both physical and emotional intimacy, identity and self exploration, relational trauma, and navigating various chapters in life and how that impacts the client. She meets her clients where they are at and works with them in a collaborative yet challenging way. Mackenzie likes to pull from her psychodynamic background, while also combining CBT, ACT, mindfulness, a trauma informed lens, EFT and existential/transpersonal therapies. Mackenzie also is passionate about inclusivity, and holding a space for marginalized identities through a culturally competent lens.
Mackenzie is currently being trained as a certified sex therapy informed professional (CSTIP) and has experience in working with both traditional and non-traditional couples. She is passionate about working with both individuals and couples who identify within the LGBTQIA+ community. Mackenzie believes that all individuals and couples deserve the care and support they need in order to live a life that they feel they are the authors of.