Outside of the office, Keirstin enjoys spending time with her mischievous dogs, exploring the city and searching for the perfect bowl of ramen.
I'm so grateful Keirstin is at Next Step! She's incredibly warm and makes the people and her clients feel seen and cared about because of her ability to be so present. If you're looking for a counselor to help you learn about yourself, your relationships and to overall feel great, she's it!Anonymous
- Provides a warm and inclusive environment where clients feel understood and empowered
- Honors each client’s unique lived experience and values
- Trained in Gottman Method Couples Therapy to help couples manage conflict, improve communication and increase intimacy
- Passionate about working with the LGBTQIA+ community
- Provides culturally responsive care, integrating societal and cultural issues into the therapeutic process
- Conducts individual, couples and pre-marital counseling
- Experience working with traditional and non-traditional relationship structures
Keirstin Lincoln, MA, LPC
Licensed Professional Counselor
Working together, we will uncover unhelpful thoughts or behaviors that may be preventing you from living the life you want. We will identify your unique strengths while allowing space for you to grow.
At Next Step Counseling, Keirstin has supported clients through anxiety, depression, trauma, grief, loss, relationship struggles and the search for life meaning. Engaging and present, Keirstin creates a safe space where clients can explore a healthy understanding of themselves and their relationships. Working together, Keirstin helps her clients address where they are versus where they want to be.
Our reality is influenced by past experiences, present perceptions and expectations for the future. Keirstin helps clients understand how these aspects of life shape their thoughts, behaviors and identities. Through this understanding, clients develop healthier relationships with others and with themselves.
Keirstin’s work incorporates Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Narrative therapy and mindfulness techniques. These approaches allow Keirstin to provide comprehensive care that takes into consideration societal and cultural issues that impact mental health. Additionally, as an LGBTQIA+ affirming counselor, Keirstin incorporates intersectional experiences into her work. She is knowledgeable about working with the LGBTQIA+ community and provides thoughtful care.
Trained in the Gottman Method, Keirstin works with traditional and non-traditional couples to develop healthy conflict tools, improve communication and increase intimacy. She has helped couples navigate infidelity, uncover unmet needs, improve empathy and cooperation, set healthy boundaries and cope with life transitions.